SCTE Launches Showcase
The SCTE will host its first Innovation Showcase March 9 in conjunction with the SCTE Canadian Summit in Toronto.
Products and solutions from ARRIS, Kindsight, Motorola, Sandvine and Vecima Networks will be included in the Showcase. Using mobile text messaging, Canadian Summit attendees will be able to vote for one of the five solutions as the “Most Likely Technology to Succeed.”
The winner will be announced during the March 9 lunch program.
“We’ve introduced the Innovation Showcase to highlight the latest technologies that can help the operator community to manage costs, add functionality and improve the overall value of the services delivered to customers,” said Steve Irvine, VP technology for EastLink Cable Systems, and contact for the program.
The inaugural Innovation Showcase will include the following demonstrations:
- ARRIS: Moxi Whole Home Media Solution featuring the Moxi HD DVR, Moxi Mate multi-room players and Moxi Portal, and the ability to time- and place-shift digital content throughout the home:
- Kindsight: how its paid and no-cost/ad-funded services can provide identity theft protection for broadband subscribers and a revenue opportunity for operators;
- Motorola: how its solutions enable the delivery of personal media experiences;
- Sandvine: how its latest technology can help service providers to deliver transparent differentiated usage management policies to their customers;
- Vecima: how its Terrace MDU gateway reclaims analog bandwidth to the outer edge of the cable network, including MDUs and household service groups, and enables the transition to all-digital operation.