Time Warner Cable released an update to its iPad app a couple of weeks ago that apparently is rife with problems. (For more, see Time Warner Cable Enhances iPad App).
Jeff Simmermon, director/Digital Communications with TWC, wrote on the company’s corporate blog, "We’ve identified a number of frankly aggravating issues that have presented themselves only in a live environment."
- The app crashes after iPad awakes from sleep or lock;
- HD filter returns incomplete results;
- Intermittently, guide listings will overlay other guide listings (text appears overwritten and jumbled);
- The device selector slides off-screen or disappears altogether;
- In-guide recording indicators do not appear;
- Unable to change channels on the Navigator set-top-box from the app;
- Customer is unable to launch the guide from the app;
- Upon loading the TWCable TV app for iPad customer receives (erroneous) message their iPad has been Jailbroken.
"We’ve also discovered an intermittent quality issue with our live streaming that we are working to fix right now," wrote Simmermon. "This problem is independent of the release 2.0 code bugs, and will be fixed very, very soon."
TWC is working on a patch to fix the problems, and expects to release the patch by the end of July.