The 3D@Home Consortium expects 3D TV to dominate the show floor at the 2010 International CES this week.
According to the Consortium, a focal point of 3D exhibits at CES is the Experience 3D TechZone located in Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, where more than 10 companies will showcase their products and technologies.
Some highlights at CES include:
• 3D displays in all formats;
• 3D movies demoed via the new Blu-ray 3D standard;
• 3D games demoed on videogame console formats;
• 3D authoring software for Blu-ray;
• End-to-end 3D solutions;
• 3D still images that do not require glasses to view;
• 2D-to-3D real-time and offline video processing;
• Technology for converting a live HD broadcast to 3D;
• Accessories, such as active shutter 3D glasses.
Specifics on these 3D developments and other news from 30 CES exhibitors will be included in a “Guide to 3D@CES,” developed by the 3D@Home Consortium. The Guide gives show attendees and the media a road map to 3D exhibits and provides a comprehensive overview of 3D technology. The Guide can be downloaded on Thursday, January 7 from the Consortium website and is also available at the 3D@Home booth in the Experience 3D TechZone.