The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers has announced the individuals who will serve as the chairs of the standing committees of the SCTE Board of Directors during the 2009-2010 term. SCTE Board of Directors Chair Bob Foote, vice president of sales, major markets with TriNet Communications, has appointed the six chairs.
The standing committees and their newly named chairs are:
- Engineering Committee: Jerry Parkins, Comcast Cable Communications
- Finance Committee: Bob Macioch, BSI
- Membership Committee: Frank Eichenlaub, Cisco Systems
- Operations Committee: Bob Legg, Suddenlink Communications
- Planning Committee: Dermot O’Carroll, Rogers Cable Communications
- Professional Development Committee: Rick Sullivan, Times Fiber Amphenol
Parkins succeeds Charlie Kennamer of Comcast Cable Communications as chair of the SCTE Engineering Committee, which oversees the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-accredited SCTE Standards Program. Parkins, an SCTE member since 2000, is director, technology and standards with Comcast. Kennamer remains a member of the SCTE Engineering Committee.
Macioch succeeds Greg Allshouse of Comcast Cable Communications as chair of the SCTE Finance Committee.