The SCTE is seeking proposals for technical workshops to be conducted at Cable-Tec Expo 2009, Wednesday through Friday, Oct. 28-30, in Denver. The complete Call for Papers is available at www.scte.org. The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 22, 2009.
The Expo 2009 Program Committee, chaired by John Schanz, EVP national engineering and technical operations for Comcast Cable, will review all technical proposals. The theme of the technical sessions for this year’s Expo is "The Extensible Competitive Fiber Network," reflecting the inherent capabilities of the existing network to continue to grow ahead of customer demand.
The Expo 2009 Program Committee is particularly interested in abstracts addressing the following topics:
• The Customer Experience
• The Emerging Retail Model
• Saving Green by Going Green
• The Impact of All-Digital Networks
• Traffic Management and Bandwidth Utilization
• Business Services
• Network Architectures
• OSS and BSS Integration for Flow-through Provisioning, Billing, and Network Monitoring