With Rogers’ new Smart Home Monitoring service customers can remotely manage sensors, cameras, thermostats, lights and small appliances from their computer or smartphone. The new home automation service is powered by both Rogers cable and Rogers wireless networks.
At the heart of the system is a touchpad that consumers use to arm/disarm and manage their system. Available in wall-mount or table-top, the touchpad provides one-touch access to home security functions, home automation apps for lighting, cameras and thermostats as well as multimedia apps for photos, traffic, weather and sports. When an alarm occurs, the touchpad instantly connects with the Rogers central monitoring station simultaneously over both Rogers cable and wireless networks. The touchpad constantly communicates with its highly encrypted smart sensors throughout the home, checking their status, signal strength, battery level and even room temperature.
Additional features of the service include:
- Real-time, 24/7 monitoring at the Rogers Central Monitoring Station provided by certified security experts with over twenty years of experience in security, monitoring and emergency services;
- IP-based dual network connections ensure constant connection of the home to the Rogers Central Monitoring Station;
- Real-time sensor and video alerts sent via text and email;
- Remote access from a computer or smartphone to securely view, control and arm/disarm the home;
- Professional installation by specially-trained Rogers cable technicians.
Smart Home Monitoring is now available to Rogers Hi-Speed Internet customers in the Rogers cable footprint across Ontario.