Rogers Cable Communications today announced that since 2005, usage of the Rogers On Demand service has more than doubled, growing from 50 million views in 2005 to more than 100 million views in 2008.
Fast facts about Rogers On Demand:
• The company has 5,000 unique titles and 5,300 hours of programming available.
• HD has more than doubled in uptake in the last year, with more than a third of customers choosing to watch programming in HD over SD.
• Saturday is the most popular day to catch up on missed programming via On Demand, with 7 p.m. being the peak usage time of day.
• The Movie Network is the leading subscription-based service with more than 100 million views since launch and more than 2 million views each month.
• The most watched episodic programs are Family Guy, The Office and 30 Rock.
• The most popular single program watched is CNN’s broadcast of Barack Obama’s Inauguration.
Rogers Digital customers can at no charge catch up on their favorite episodic programming, On Demand, within 72 hours of the original air date.