The Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) has certified more than 100 MoCA products. More than 45 percent of all certifications have occurred since the start of 2010, underlining the strong growth trajectory of the MoCA standard.??

About 85 percent of the 100-plus MoCA certified products, which are all video-specific, are used by pay TV operators. The remaining 15 percent are available in retail and installer channels. Product categories include: routers, set-top boxes, Ethernet-to-coax bridges, optical network terminals and cable modems.

MoCA’s opportunities for further growth include new geographies – particularly Europe – and new channels, such as the home installer/retail sectors.??

The MoCA standard is in deployment in all three pay TV segments (cable, satellite and Telco/IPTV). MoCA is included in the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines and the IEEE 802.1AS standard.

The Daily

Subscribe

Nielsen Shifting National Measurement

Nielsen ’s push to revolutionize and futureproof its audience measurement continues. The company announced Monday that it is shifting its national television measurement process and will be basing audience

Read the Full Issue
The Skinny is delivered on Tuesday and focuses on the cable profession. You'll stay in the know on the headlines, topics and special issues you value most. Sign Up

Calendar

Dec 3
Cablefax Program Awards Call for Entries
Dec 7
Most Powerful Women Celebration Register to Join Us in NYC to Celebrate!
Full Calendar

Jobs

Seeking an INDUSTRY JOB?
VIEW JOBS

Hiring? In conjunction with our sister brand, Cynopsis, we are offering hiring managers a deep pool of media-savvy, skilled candidates at a range of experience levels and sectors, The result will be an even more robust industry job board, to help both employers and job seekers.

Contact John@cynopsis.com for more information.