The Llano Estacado Chapter of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) captured “Chapter of the Year” honors and three other awards last night at the association’s annual Chapter Awards Dinner in conjunction with the SCTE Leadership Conference in Las Vegas.
Llano Estacado — representing engineering and operations professionals from Suddenlink Communications and other organizations in the Lubbock, Texas, area — also took home the “Professional Development Award,” the “Compliance Award” and the “Most Improved Compliance Award.”
Six other chapters also were honored at the dinner:
• Sam Houston Chapter: Most Improved Chapter of the Year
• Greater Chicago Chapter: Recruitment Award
• Sierra Chapter: Striving for Excellence Award
• Lake Michigan Chapter: Most Improved Recruitment
• South Jersey Chapter: Most Improved Striving for Excellence
• Penn-York Chapter: Most Improved Professional Development
“As cable technology continues to change at a rapid pace, the leadership and development that are exhibited by individuals and our chapters will be essential to the industry’s growth,” said Mark Dzuban, president and CEO at SCTE. “We’re grateful for everyone who contributed to the success of the SCTE Leadership Conference, and congratulate Llano Estacado and the other winners of chapter awards.”
The dinner was sponsored by CommScope. Motorola Global Technical Support Services also served as a sponsor of the Leadership Conference.