Fluke Releases New Edition of Network Troubleshooting Guide
By| July 15, 2010
Fluke Networks has announced the second edition of its "Network Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide: Field-Tested Solutions for Everyday Problems." The second edition is a real-world guide to help anticipate, find and solve network problems fast.
Engineers and technicians can turn to the Network Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide for guidance, starting with the fundamentals of networking, running through troubleshooting and triage, moving up through performance optimization.
The Network Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide provides information for best practices in IT networking, including:
- Using the OSI model to more efficiently troubleshoot networks layer by layer
- Copper and fiber-optic cabling: theory, operation and troubleshooting
- Media Access Control (MAC) Layer: Ethernet theory and operation
- Identifying and resolving problems related to IPv4. protocols
- Preventing problems before they occur
- Discovering device behavior
- Troubleshooting switches
- Using a protocol analyzer more successfully
- Creating network documentation to more efficiently prevent and resolve problems.