Cortina Systems announced the CS605x, a family of highly integrated transport processors supporting the converged 100G market, delivering an application specific standard product (ASSP) family for the transport and aggregation of 10G, 40G and 100G signals. Building on its 10G and 40G leadership, Cortina’s CS605x device family targets the emerging 100G markets. It offers advanced analog integration, proved optical transport networking and FEC leadership.
The CS605x meets the requirements of both optical and Ethernet networks ushering in new applications for the 100G converged market, including data centers, Carrier Ethernet, core and edge router applications, DWDM and packet optical transport.
The CS605x family provides support for the latest Optical Transport Network (OTN) and Ethernet standards with highly differentiated features enabling customers to create one line card that supports 10G, 40G, and 100G signals. The CS605x supports 100G (OTU4 & 100GE) and 3x40G (OTU3 & 40GE) interfaces and is capable of aggregating and mapping multiple
protocols and client applications at the 10 Gbps, 40 Gbps, and 100 Gbps rates.
Key features of the device include:
- Support for OTN – 10G/40G and 100G Framing and Mapping
- 100G Ethernet and 3x40G Ethernet PCS/MAC termination with performance monitoring and networking support
- Support for IEEE 1588v2 Transparent Clock mode, as defined in IEEE P1588D2.2
- Integrated Jitter Attenuation and clean up PLLs providing significant savings in board real estate, cost and power
- High?Gain 100G Forward Error Correction (100G HG?FEC)
- Direct interface to 100G and 40G optical modules supporting OTL4.10, CAUI, OTL3.4, and XLAUI interfaces
- A 120G?capable Interlaken packet interface to NPUs, TMs and FPGAs
The CS605x devices have been sampling since October with production volume slated for the first half of 2012.