Brightcove has announced the general availability of Brightcove 4, its online video platform with enhancements.
- Custom cloud encoding offers fine-grained control over encoding technology, with higher quality default encoding, more formats, and more renditions;
- Secure multi-bitrate streaming protects content while delivering smooth adaptive streaming over any connection;
- Universal Delivery Service (UDS) enables the delivery of content over the most appropriate protocol for the viewer, whether it is via PC, mobile device, connected TV or set-top box;
- Brightcove Player and Software Development Kit (SDK) for the iPhone expands the delivery options available to website publishers to include iPhone applications and mobile video websites;
- Support for live streaming, including the ability to mix and match live and video on-demand programming within the same Brightcove players;
- Media sharing helps publishers share videos across divisions, affiliates, and with other partners;
- Enhanced Media Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) allow developers to build real-time integrations within their Web applications to drive search engine optimization and support robust workflow adaptations;
- Brightcove Experience Markup Language (BEML) component skinning makes it easier to create fully branded player controls and in-player design elements without requiring Flash programming.