Ankeena Networks, a provider of new media infrastructure solutions, has launched Ankeena Media Flow Director (MFD) 2.0 to enable service providers, content delivery networks (CDNs) and content owners to leverage their existing network infrastructure to deliver media and rich content to TVs, PCs and mobile devices, regardless of media format or delivery protocol.
New Features of MFD 2.0 include:
- Can be run on standard 64-bit x86 servers and deliver mixed-media content using multiple protocols such as HTTP, RTSP and RTMP;
- Supports multi-tenancy, various caching policies and multiple ways of populating and purging content;
- Supports delivery of all content (static objects, small, medium and large objects, media objects);
- Supports all different adaptive streaming technologies including Move, iPhone and Silverlight Adaptive Streaming, Adobe Dynamic Streaming and Ankeena SmoothFlow;
- Supports on-demand streaming using RTSP/RTP, RTMP and RTMP.E;
- Supports live streaming using all protocols;
- Helps optimize ISP networks transparently;
- Used as a platform to host Adobe Flash Media Server (FMS).