MobiTV is introducing a TV Everywhere solution for cable, satellite and IPTV service providers, leveraging the company’s expertise in providing video delivery solutions for mobile devices, PCs and other Internet-enabled consumer electronics. Based on MobiTV’s existing cloud-based video distribution platform, TV service providers can now offer their subscribers live and on-demand programming for viewing inside and outside the home on a range of devices.
Customers looking to extend their content to other platforms may leverage MobiTV’s existing ingestion and encoding efforts.
"TV service providers need a cost-effective solution to meet consumer demand for seamless authenticated access to content anytime, anywhere and on any device," said MobiTV co-founder and president Paul Scanlan, in a statement. "MobiTV built its technology with a focus on delivering live television optimized for mobile devices. By pre-packaging all the necessary components – content ingestion, technology platform, device integration and DRM support – we’ve taken what’s typically a very complex and expensive project for a TV operator and made it simple, affordable, and easy to launch."
The solution includes:
- Support for over 375 different types of mobile devices on all major operating systems and across wireless and broadband networks;
- Ingestion and encoding of live and DRM-protected VOD content;
- Advanced policy management to tailor delivery and access to varying content rights;
- Unified channel guide with remote DVR control;
- A customizable branded multi-platform user experience;
- Single sign-on authentication support to manage delivery of multiple tiered video packages and products.
Founded in 2000, MobiTV is the exclusive national provider of mobile TV services for AT&T U-verse Live TV, NFL Mobile on Verizon, Sprint TV and T-Mobile TV, among others.