Comcast Extends Xfinity Mobile App to Android
Comcast has rolled out an Android version of its Xfinity mobile app, available for free on the Android Market. Formerly named the Comcast Mobile app when launched on the iTunes Store last year, the new brand name of the application will be extended to the iTunes Store soon. Since its original launch, the app has been downloaded nearly one million times.
The app enables customers to control entertainment and communications services giving them the ability to:
- Access home voicemail and forward home phone calls from their Xfinity Voice service directly to their Android device;
- Use the Xfinity mobile widget to quickly review their latest voicemail and email messages;
- Sync their Universal Address Book to have all their personal and professional contacts in one place;
- Review and respond to Comcast.net email;
- Remotely program and manage their DVRs;
- View local TV listings, sort by different categories and watch Video On Demand movie trailers.
On November 15, Comcast announced the Xfinity TV app available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and said it will be available to Android-powered devices in the near future. The Xfinity TV app allows subscribers to use other devices as their TV remote control. (For the original announcement, click here).