ARRIS presents a new member to its ConvergeMedia Distribution platform: XMS FLEX, powered by a next generation Streaming Media Engine (SME). The ConvergeMedia XMS FLEX is a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) server with SME scalable content delivery software to support the industry’s broadest range of video applications.
XMS FLEX offers the choice between 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps streaming modules as well as internal and external storage modules, scaling up to 30 Gbps of fully redundant streaming bandwidth per 2RU chassis and up to 384 Terabytes of content storage and caching.
Key highlights of the XMS FLEX/SME include:
- High-density, Linux-based COTS platform for deployment in a managed Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Multiple codec, container and transport protocol support for delivery of multi-screen services
- Single platform for Video on Demand, time-shifted TV, linear, and advanced advertising applications
- Independent scaling of ingest, storage and streaming with support for Adaptive Streaming technologies (Smooth Streaming, Apple HTTP-Live Streaming)
- Streaming resiliency for high availability
- Performance tuning for any application through its storage versatility.