NAB CEO Gordon Smith at NAB Show opening keynote. Credit: Rob Cohen Photography

The NAB Show has officially been called off for April in light of coronavirus. NAB pres/CEO Gordon Smith said the organization is considering a number of potential alternatives and is weighing the best potential path forward. “Keeping the community safe and healthy is NAB’s highest priority; therefore, we are deferring to the developing consensus from public health authorities on the challenges posed by coronavirus,” Smith said in a letter.

The announcement comes just a day after the group said it had reached out to public health officials in light of confirmed cases in Nevada. Adobe had withdrawn from the show, with Avid, EVS and Red Bee all canceling shortly after.

Last year, the NAB Show had a registered attendance of more than 91K. Smith said the group is reviewing options for an event later this year.

The Daily

Subscribe

Kids’ Vote

Nickelodeon wants kids’ voices to be heard this election season, bringing back its bellwether

Read the Full Issue
The Skinny is delivered on Tuesday and focuses on the cable profession. You'll stay in the know on the headlines, topics and special issues you value most. Sign Up