The Cable Center is adding to its Cable Hall of Fame, with the new class to be inducted during a celebration May 2 in New York City.
The 2019 honorees are:
- Leslie Ellis, president, Ellis Edits, Inc.
- Phil Kent, former chairman and CEO, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Kyle McSlarrow, SVP, customer experience, Comcast; former NCTA president, CEO
- Steve Miron, CEO, Advance/Newhouse
- MTV, Founding Creators
- Susan Swain and Rob Kennedy, president and co-CEOs, C-SPAN
The May event at the Ziegfeld Ballroom marks the 22nd Cable Hall of Fame Celebration, with 133 leaders having been inducted over the years.
“The 2019 Cable Hall of Fame class represents leaders from some of the industry’s most innovative and groundbreaking companies and includes our first cable TV network, MTV. As a cultural icon whose impact on music and cable is unrivaled, it will be our pleasure to honor MTV’s founding creators,” said Michael Willner, president/CEO of Penthera Partners and chairman of The Cable Center’s board.