SeaChange International has announced that Virgin Media’s Player, an online and mobile TV player, is live on SeaChange’s multi-screen technology and managed service infrastructure for video. Virgin Media XL TV and broadband customers can watch hundreds of hours of television programs on their PCs, laptops and mobile phones.
Virgin Media Player’s differentiation and seamless user experience are supported by SeaChange’s open software and services including:
- SeaChange video delivery system;
- SeaChange managed service infrastructure providing a fully-managed outsourced service infrastructure for multi-screen video services with the ability to migrate to in-house deployments;
- On Demand Group content management services, including content transcoding and processing to initially provide content in nine video formats for adaptive streaming for PC and mobile.
SeaChange will demonstrate the following at Cable-Tec Expo:
- On-demand and broadcast television services to mobile, PC and set-top including content stream pause-and-resume between devices such as the iPad, Android phones and PS3;
- Dynamic on-demand advertising insertion with SeaChange AdPulse software and multi-screen linear stream insertion with SeaChange’s Open Solutions partner RGB;
- HTTP Adaptive Streaming for over-the-top delivery of broadcast television;
- SeaChange’s VividLogic home media gateway connecting settops, PCs and game consoles to web and television services;
- SeaChange’s AssetFlow multi-screen asset management and preparation;
- SeaChange’s Residential-based Hospitality TV System for comprehensive in-room video services.