Communications Technology and sponsor Texas Instruments held a panel discussion — DOCSIS 3.0: Offense or Defense? — at the 2007 Cable Show in Las Vegas offering a technical overview of DOCSIS 3.0 including roadmaps and business plans on how cable operators are implementing it.
Don’t miss part 3 in the panel’s DOCSIS 3.0 insights, covering downstream bonding and IPv6; upstream bonding; advanced encryption; service differentiation; pre-standard vs. full spec; and volume, costs and alignment.
Featured panelists: Steve Craddock, Comcast’s SVP of new media strategy; Jay Rolls, Cox Communications’ VP of technology; Doug Semon, VP of technologies and standards for Time Warner Cable; Mourrad Veeneman, director of next generation technology, UPC; Jan Vorstermans, EVP & CTO, Telenet; and panel moderator, Communications Technology editor Jonathan Tombes.
Producer: Jonathan Tombes
Editor: Christine Hardtman
Video shot by Crews Control
• Dawn of DOCSIS 3.0 (CableWorld, June 18, 2007)
• DOCSIS 3.0: There’s a Reason for the Bronze Age (CT, May 10, 2007)
• CableLabs Announces Tiered Test Program for DOCSIS 3.0 (CT, Apr. 16, 2007)
• Migrating Your Network to DOCSIS 3.0 (CT, Feb. 5, 2007)
• Heading for DOCSIS 3.0 (CT, Dec. 1, 2006)
• The Road to DOCSIS 3.0 (CT, Dec. 1, 2006)