Recently published reports by Dell’Oro Group show that 44 percent of third-quarter annual growth in the total mobile infrastructure market resulted from 4G LTE network infrastructure spending. The total mobile infrastructure market, covered by Dell’Oro Group in four primary reporting segments, Mobile Radio Access Network (RAN), Wireless Packet Core (WPC), Wireless Voice Core, and Microwave Transmission, grew year-over-year in double digits for the fourth consecutive quarter in 3Q11.
During the same quarter, the LTE market achieved several milestones, including the following:
- 4G LTE RAN posted fastest sequential growth rate ever at 68 percent;
- Significant VoLTE revenues were recognized for the first time ever;
- Evolved Packet Core captured highest portion ever of total Wireless Packet Core revenues at nearly 5 percent;
- Packet Microwave grew in double-digits for second consecutive quarter to record revenue;
- Edge router and switch sales for backhaul capacity upgrades grew almost 40 percent year-to-date.