In partnership with iControl Networks, Technicolor launched a Home Control and Security edition of its MediaTouch tablet. The partnership combines Technicolor’s experience in digital home platforms and customized tablet solutions with the iControl OpenHome Software Platform to deliver integrated home management, control, security and energy management solutions to MSO and Network Service Provider (NSP) customers.
Technicolor’s MediaTouch Home Control and Security Tablet features:
- 7-inch capacitive touch screen tablet
- ?Back-up EDGE cellular connectivity?
- ZigBee connectivity to security sensors, thermostats, lighting controls, door locks and more from the ever-growing iControl broadband home management ecosystem
- ?Wi-Fi 802.11n connectivity to video cameras in and around the home?
- 24 hour battery back-up
- ?Open application framework: open infrastructure allows service providers and 3rd party developers access to connected ZigBee and Wi-Fi devices to create a limitless number of additional vertical services in addition to the pre-configured applications?