The cable industry’s sometimes partner Sprint announced at CTIA Wireless in Las Vegas a raft of additional partners and initiatives involved in the development of its WiMAX network service, called XOHM. They include the following:
• A forthcoming XOHM application developer program
• A WiMAX-edition, pocket-sized Internet tablet device from Nokia
• An exclusive XOHM PC Card from Samsung
• A promise from Everest of Freemont Calif to embed WiMAX wireless capability in an “ultra mobile PC” running the C7 processor from VIA
• A logistics solution for several XOHM distribution channels from Brightpoint North America
• A commitment from Nokia Siemens Networks to implement its subscriber data management solution to expand IP and IMS-based services over XOHM
• A deployment of Starent’s ST40 multimedia core platform to provide subscriber management and mobility for XOHM customers.