SPIRIT DSP, a voice and video over IP engines provider, upgraded its TeamSpirit cross-platform voice and video engines, a set of software development kits (SDKs) for service providers, software application developers and OEMs/ODMs to quickly launch high definition voice and video calling applications and services across all popular desktop and mobile devices.?
"There’s a profound and growing demand for inexpensive, high quality and feature-rich IP-based communications from businesses and consumers alike,” said SPIRIT DSP’s Product Marketing Director Alexander Samarin, in a statement. "With our TeamSpirit platform, new communication startups gains millions of users in months, while the traditional carriers get the ability to retain and expand their services’ user base with their own LTE/IP-based OTT/VAS services featuring HD voice and video calls for consumers and SaaS video conferencing/collaboration for their broadband business users."
The new versions of SPIRIT’s TeamSpirit Voice & Video Engine Mobile, TeamSpirit Conferencing Server Engine and TeamSpirit Voice & Video Engine PC include the following upgrades that translate to a more rapid time-to-market for SPIRIT customers that develop cross-platform voice and video calling applications and services:
- Support for the new versions of Apple’s operating systems iOS (5) and Mac OS X (10.7) and dozens of new Android handsets.
- ?Support for Google’s open source video codec VP8, offering compatibility with Google’s and other open source products and eliminating expensive royalties associated with the standard MPEG H.264 video codec.?
- Improved loss protection for video stream, delivering even better quality across all networks.?
- Increased performance (Frames Per Second) of H.264 video, improved rendering with Android’s OpenGL ES video and decreased media delay for voice and video calls for a better user experience.
- ?Increased productivity of mobile users, allowing videoconferencing on multiple mobile platforms with several participants.
- ?New APIs for camera switching, arbitrary viewports, image mirroring and device orientation, offering the ability to develop more sophisticated video calling applications with a better UI.?
- Virtual camera interface for custom video streaming from mobile devices, offering new usage scenarios for end users.
- ?An expanded set of SDK examples for easy integration and faster time to market.?
- Improved AEC (Acoustic Echo Cancellation) technology that delivers better performance and sound quality on mobile devices.
The TeamSpirit engine software uniquely combines scalable echo- and noise-free audio with scalable video, a necessary marriage to ensure the highest quality conferencing experience. TeamSpirit enables many hours of battery life in wideband talk mode. The voice engine includes highly optimized standard voice codecs and a patent-free wideband, error-resilient scalable SPIRIT IP-MR voice codec (IETF RFC 6262). The video engine includes SPIRIT’s H.264 scalable video codec that is able to adapt streams to each peer’s network and PC environments without heavy transcoding, and it includes a multi-component stream protection module that compensates for network jitter and packet loss.?
More than 200+ million channels in 80+ countries are based on SPIRIT’s platforms. SPIRIT software platforms power products from Apple, Adobe, ARM, AT&T, Blizzard, BT, China Mobile, Cisco, Ericsson, HP, HTC, Huawei, KT, Kyocera, LG U+, Microsoft, NEC, Oracle, Polycom, Radvision, Samsung, Skype, Texas Instruments, Toshiba, Veraz, Viber, ZTE, among others.