RUS Vets Harmonic Video Processing, Edge, Access Equipment
By| August 5, 2010
Now that the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Utilities Service (RUS) agency has given “RUS Acceptance” status to Harmonic’s line of video encoding, stream processing, edgeQAM, video-on-demand and cable access solutions, rural communications companies now can buy the company’s gear with funds obtained through RUS grants or low-interest loans.
The RUS program helps U.S. communications operators in developing, planning and financing the construction of broadband communications by providing financial grants in rural, economically challenged communities where services currently don’t exist.
Acceptance was based on the company’s compliance with RUS requirements, customer satisfaction and industry standards.
“The Rural Utility Services telecommunications program is a vital program providing rural telecom operators an enormous opportunity to bring broadband services to their communities,” said Jim Marino, VP/North America Sales for Harmonic Inc. “Our market-leading IP-based video processing, delivery, edge and HFC access technologies have been successfully deployed by small and medium-sized telcos and cable operators in rural locations nationwide. The listing on the RUS accepted List of Materials will allow rural U.S. customers to utilize RUS financing to enhance and migrate their networks to advanced video solutions.”
Harmonic solutions granted RUS acceptance include:
- ProView video decoder products
- Electra and Ion video encoding solutions
- ProStream stream processing platform
- HLP 4800 and HLP 1000 high-density broadband platforms
- PWRBlazer outdoor optical nodes
- PWRLink family of 1310 nm DFB laser transmitter modules
- SUPRALink, METROLink and MAXLink 1550 nm DWDM transmitters
- StreamLiner 3000 video streaming servers
- NSG 9000 universal edgeQAM
- Direct-2-Edge IPTV-over-coax system
- CLEARcut offline content preparation solution
- LIVEcut real-time content preparation solution
- MediaPrism Convergence Suite
- Armada intelligent asset manager
- IRIS video quality of service (QoS) software suite
- NMX Digital Services Manager