The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) is calling for papers for its SCTE Leadership Conference 2012, the new Society event set for April 17–19, 2012, in Henderson, Nev.
The new annual SCTE Leadership Conference combines two former SCTE annual events – the Chapter Leadership Conference (CLC) and the Conference on Broadband Learning & Development (CBL&D).
The deadline to submit abstracts is Monday, Oct. 31, 2011.
The conference is designed to impart and sharpen a variety of training and leadership skills for attendees such as facilitation, presentation, strategic planning, project management, quality management, supervisor development, mentoring, and chapter development. The preferred topics as they relate to the cable telecommunications industry are outlined in the call for papers and consist of the following:
- Advancements in Learning Technology
- 21st Century Learning Strategies
- Measuring Success and Keeping Current in Learning and Development
- Diversity and Inclusion in Cable
- Workforce Professional Development
- Learning Management
- Leadership for Engineers, Scientists, and Technicians
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management, and
- Chapter Management