Sandvine has released the latest version of its Usage Management product, which addresses the growing trend of upgrading all-you-can-eat service plans with targeted pre- and post-paid service plans. Sandvine’s Usage Management can be deployed in all access technologies and provides unified charging for converged networks.?
Usage Management release 3.1 introduces a new record generator license that adds the following capabilities:
- ?Supports detailed and accurate charging requirements for post-paid service plans using an interface to offline charging systems;
- ?Provides customizable, policy-based usage data records based on flexible network policy rules, triggered by time or volume;?
- Supports a variety of use cases, such as usage record transfer to operational support systems for customer bill auditing, or for back-up of online charging systems;
- ?Interoperates with 3rd party billing network elements within mobile, fixed and converged networks using customizable data record formats?;
- Integrates into legacy and 3G mobile networks and offers seamless migration into future 4G networks.?
Sandvine’s Usage Management product enables differentiated service offerings including:
- ?Application-based pre- and post-paid service plans that are segmented by user persona’s e.g. service plan targeting social networkers;
- ?Prepaid service pass that provides Internet connectivity for subscribers on the go;?
- Transparent subscriber communications that advise users of total usage and roaming charges to prevent bill shock and to comply with European Union data roaming regulations;?
- Subscriber mobility across mobile, Wi-Fi, WiMax, cable, DSL or fiber access technologies, supported with unified charging for fixed mobile converged networks.?