As part of an announced reorganization at Rogers Communications, Edward S. Rogers has been appointed Deputy Chairman. The company is integrating its cable and wireless businesses while creating a separate and focused emerging business and corporate development group.
"Our industry is in transition with products and networks converging, product cycles maturing and customer expectations increasing,” said Nadir Mohamed, President and CEO, Rogers Communications, in a statement. “To remain the industry leader, we need to work and operate differently."
In addition to his Board accountabilities, Edward Rogers will oversee major strategic initiatives including mergers and acquisitions as EVP of the new Emerging Business and Corporate Development group.
By further integrating the wireless and cable divisions, Rogers will create a Communications Services organization and a Network organization that enable the company to more quickly address customers’ changing needs. The Communications organization will be led by Rob Bruce, President, Communications. The network organization will be led by Bob Berner, EVP Network and CTO.
The Rogers leadership team:
- Nadir Mohamed, President & Chief Executive Officer
- Rob Bruce, President, Communications
- Tony Viner, President & Chief Executive Officer, Rogers Media
- Bill Linton, EVP Finance & Chief Financial Officer
- Bob Berner, EVP Network & Chief Technology Officer
- Edward Rogers, Deputy Chairman and EVP Emerging Business & Corporate Development
- Jerry Brace, EVP IT & Chief Information Officer