‘Fiber Gap’ Not Impacting Business Deployments
Optical-fiber facilities currently reach more than 36 percent of U.S. commercial buildings, says research from Vertical Systems Group, leaving the remaining 64 percent in the “fiber gap,” with no accessibility to fiber-based network services. The good news is that, despite today’s gap, business fiber availability has more than tripled since 2004, when the penetration rate closed in at nearly 11 percent. "Direct fiber is clearly the preferred access technology for Carrier Ethernet services as well as for higher-speed connectivity to IP VPNs, cloud-based applications and the Internet,” adds Rosemary Cochran, principal. “Enterprise customers prefer direct fiber due to the benefits of scalability to multigigabit speeds plus lower bandwidth costs as compared to other access options."

The Daily

Subscribe

Olympic Diaries

NBCU has virtually 24/7 coverage of the Tokyo Olympics, but if you want a different take on each day’s highlights, head over to LinkedIn.

Read the Full Issue
The Skinny is delivered on Tuesday and focuses on the cable profession. You'll stay in the know on the headlines, topics and special issues you value most. Sign Up

Calendar

Sep 10
Most Powerful Women – 2021 Nominations Due: Sept 10, 2021
Dec 7
Most Powerful Women CelebrationSave the Date!
Full Calendar

Jobs

Seeking an INDUSTRY JOB?
VIEW JOBS

Hiring? In conjunction with our sister brand, Cynopsis, we are offering hiring managers a deep pool of media-savvy, skilled candidates at a range of experience levels and sectors, The result will be an even more robust industry job board, to help both employers and job seekers.

Contact John@cynopsis.com for more information.