Qualcomm will showcase some of its innovations in the wireless space during the GSMA Mobile World Congress 2010, Feb. 15-18 in Barcelona, Spain.
"Last year, Qualcomm invested over $2 billion in research and development and we are looking forward to showing the ongoing results of that investment in Barcelona," said Andrew Gilbert, EVP of Qualcomm and president of Qualcomm Internet Services and Qualcomm Europe, in a statement.
Qualcomm’s technology exhibits and live demonstrations during the conference will include:
- HSPA+ Evolution: A live demonstration of HSPA+ coverage and capacity improvements using uplink transmit diversity.
- Dual-carrier HSPA+: A live demonstration of 42 Mbps dual-carrier HSPA+ using MDM8220 and commercial infrastructure equipment.
- LTE Advanced: A live demonstration of LTE mobility enhancements with seamless forward handoff using Qualcomm’s LTE Advanced test bed.
- LTE: A live demonstration showing the data connection on both the network and user equipment for both the uplink and downlink.
- FLO Technology: Commercial FLO TV devices, a range of concept mobile TV receivers, and a first-time smartbook demo integrating live TV with advanced mobile media applications.
- Smartphones: A wide range of mobile handsets and smartphones powered by Qualcomm’s integrated chipsets and system software, featuring applications on leading operating systems, including Brew Mobile Platform, Android and Windows Mobile.
- Expanded chipset capabilities: Including Giesecke & Devrient’s MobiCore secure application environment, which turns a smartphone into a secure, point-of-sale direct payment device; enhanced multimedia capabilities being leveraged for video, mobile gaming and 3D user interfaces; and mobile devices translating surrounding contextual information into smarter applications and better user experiences.
- Snapdragon platform: A variety of smartbooks and other advanced mobile devices based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chipsets from leading device manufacturers.
- 3G Femtocells: Simulations illustrating the benefits of self-calibration, range tuning, uplink adaptive attenuation and femtocell discovery, highlighting advanced interference management techniques that enhance femtocell deployments.
- 3G/Wi-Fi Seamless Offload: A live demonstration of seamless offloading of operator-defined data services from 3G to Wi-Fi.
- Wearable Mobile Devices: A demonstration of wireless devices based on Qualcomm’s low cost, low power and compact wireless 3G data module design – an initiative reflecting Qualcomm’s vision of the "Internet of things."