Openet has announced the launch of its Fair Usage solution. It is designed to enable service providers to enforce limits on subscriber usage volume, while allowing subscribers to purchase additional volume when limits are reached.
Fair Usage is designed to:
· Identify high-volume usage over any time period
· Provide subscribers with visibility into their usage through a self-care Web site, as well as email and text message alerts prior to imposing usage limits
· Implement various escalation responses when limits are reached, such as reducing bandwidth or limiting specific types of services during peak hours
· Create exception policies for high-value and loyal subscribers
· Offer multiple options for subscribers to purchase additional volume including pay-per-use, usage bundles and service plan upgrades
· Generate reports on repeat violators to enable the service provider to take additional actions