The 2011 Spring Technical Forum – hosted by CableLabs, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) – will once again serve as the technical centerpiece of The Cable Show, June 14-16, in Chicago.
The multi-day conference will include a series of seven technical paper sessions and a strategic view of cable’s technology future from the industry’s chief technical leadership. During the sessions, more than 30 of the industry’s authors will present the highlights of their peer-reviewed technical papers covering the following topics:
- Advancements in Next-Gen Network Architecture
- Transforming the Headend with CMAP
- Implications of New Video Delivery Approaches and Applications
- Managing Quality of Experience in a Changing Video Environment
- Techniques and Technologies for Content Discovery
- IP Video and Cable’s Architectural Evolution
- Architectural Considerations for Commercial Services Delivery
This year’s technical papers were selected by the Spring Technical Forum Selection Committee chaired by Dan Pike, CTO of GCI Cable, and comprised of industry Chief Technical Officers from the MSO, programmer and solutions provider community in partnership with CableLabs and SCTE.
The 2011 Spring Technical Papers Proceedings will be released at The Cable Show 2011 and will be available for purchase immediately prior to the conference and on-site and post-conference through the Cable Show website. Admission to the Spring Technical Forum is included with a The Cable Show 2011 registration, although a separate RSVP is required. Registration is open now at www.thecableshow.com.