Eight executives of vendor companies for cable industry information technology (IT) services have been chosen by a selection committee of cable chief information officers (CIOs) as finalists in the second annual CIO.IT Competition, a program of presentations scheduled for the CIO.IT program at The Cable Show 2011 in Chicago, June 14-16.
The eight finalists will participate in two panel sessions during the CIO.IT program on June 15, and present their solutions to some of cable’s greatest IT challenges before panels of CIO judges. The judges will select their favorite solution concept from each panel.
The two competition panels with their four finalists each, includes:
Innovate IT Session 1: Best ideas in cable IT architecture and strategy
- David Jacobs, CTO, Broadband, Cable & Satellite, Amdocs
- Alec Petterson, SVP, Media EDGE Technology Services
- James Rice, President, Strategic Product & Service Development, VectorTech
- Jeffrey Sherwin, Founder, This Technology
Innovate IT Session 2: Best ideas in cable IT service assurance
- Pete Cruz, Senior Director, Product Management & Marketing, SevOne
- Randall Franz, Telecommunications & LBS Industry Manager, ESRI
- Art Lancaster, CTO & Co-Founder, Affinegy
- Edmond Shapiro, VP, Project Delivery, NDS Group
Cable Show delegates may register separately to participate in the CIO.IT program at no charge in addition to their Cable Show registration fee.