Motorola Mobility has launched the Motorola VAP2400 video bridge solution, a wireless access device capable of transmitting high-quality video content over Wi-Fi spectrum throughout the home. The VAP2400’s design enables wireless home networks to deliver a full range of video services and applications without having to run wires through the home.
Key features of the Motorola VAP2400 include:
- Next generation IPTV video bridge solution, first true beamforming 4×4 solution
- Support for multiple HD and SD streaming in the home at high data rate and larger home coverage (multiple concurrent HD streaming supported through multiple walls)
- Carrier grade solution that offers low latency and near zero packet loss
- Seamless setup with auto-detection and auto-provisioning capabilities, so it can be self installed
- Support for TR-069 remote management
- High quality wireless alternative to wireline solutions such as Ethernet, PLC, MoCA, HPNA
The Motorola VAP2400 is expected to be available for delivery globally from Q3 2011.