IneoQuest Technologies has licensed Telchemy’s VQmon IPTV QoE analysis software for use in its Expedus DVA IP video headend probe. IneoQuest joins more than 20 equipment vendors that have licensed Telchemy’s VQmon IPTV QoE analysis software, including JDSU, Spirent and VeEX.
VQmon is a real-time IPTV, VoIP and IP Videoconferencing analysis technology to integrate performance monitoring functionality into a wide range of products from probes and handheld testers to IPTV set-top boxes and routers. VQmon passively monitors IPTV streams, providing a wide range of performance measurement data, video and audio MOS scores and detailed diagnostic metrics. VQmon is unique in analyzing both scrambled and unscrambled IPTV streams carried over MPEG transport or RTP, and supports common FEC and retransmission schemes.
Metrics generated include:
- Video MOS scores that incorporate the effect of packet impairments on different video frame types, GoP error propagation, video bandwidth, video codec, bandwidth limitation and other factors
- Video content descriptors, including data on levels of detail and motion
- Video content alerts, which detect if content is blank or frozen
- I/B/P frame statistics, including loss rates within each type of frame, bandwidth usage and other key data
- Video degradation factors, which highlight the key sources of performance degradation