Will Cablevision ever be able to shake its image as a company on the cusp of being sold? The latest speculation comes from Citigroup, which raised the MSO’s price target Mon to $28/share from $24 because of possible asset sales. CVC could sell one or more of 3 assets in the next few months—the cable biz (with Time Warner or Comcast seen as potential suitors), the cable networks and/or Madison Square Garden, Citigroup said in a note to clients (while noting "it’s possible—perhaps even likely—that all 3 asset sales do not happen"). That said, Citigroup came up with 8 different scenarios, with the most attractive one envisioning a sale of Cablevision in its entirety at share price of about $33. Without a sale, Citigroup pegs the share price at $24.85. It gave MSG a 75% probability of being sold, with the cable biz and cable nets each getting a 25% probability. The firm used those assigned probabilities on a weighted basis to devise the new $28 target price. As far as Cablevision’s Rainbow networks go, Citigroup named just about everyone as a potential bidder: Time Warner, Viacom, Disney, Comcast, CBS, NBC and Discovery. The nets could go as high at 13x ’07 EBITDA, putting AMC at $31/sub, IFC at $21 and WE at $11, Citigroup said. Cablevision shares closed down 0.83% at 22.84.

The Daily

Subscribe

WICT Reveals Touchstones Honorees

WICT announced its 2021 Women of the Year and Women to Watch honorees Friday, acknowledging the individuals embodying WICT’s mission to transform the industry through female leadership. Noopur Davis , evp

Read the Full Issue
The Skinny is delivered on Tuesday and focuses on the cable profession. You'll stay in the know on the headlines, topics and special issues you value most. Sign Up

Calendar

Dec 7
Most Powerful Women CelebrationSave the Date!
Full Calendar

Jobs

Seeking an INDUSTRY JOB?
VIEW JOBS

Hiring? In conjunction with our sister brand, Cynopsis, we are offering hiring managers a deep pool of media-savvy, skilled candidates at a range of experience levels and sectors, The result will be an even more robust industry job board, to help both employers and job seekers.

Contact John@cynopsis.com for more information.