Envivio will introduce the third generation of its 4Caster C4 live encoder/transcoder for mobile TV, Internet TV and IPTV services at Mobile World Congress 2011. Nearly doubling the processing power and capable of supporting twice the HD channel density of its predecessor, the 4Caster C4 Gen III has already been deployed in live trials at four major operators in the United States, Europe and Asia to meet the demand for live HD video services for Internet-connected tablets and TVs.
Envivio is also introducing version 2.4 firmware for the 4Caster C4 family. The new firmware brings support for the new Envivio Genesis output format – a single intermediate mezzanine format that supports multiple bit rates and resolutions to drive TV without boundaries for live and on demand services for multiple consumer devices across multiple networks.
4Caster C4 Gen III highlights:
- Can deliver traditional broadcast television services and TV to other platforms from a single platform and a single headend.
- An encoding system capable of ingesting sources and delivering up to 15 outputs per channel to meet the needs of traditional broadcast and IPTV ecosystems, as well as emerging Internet TV applications.
- Reduces the number of encoder systems needed.
- Increased encoder density reduces space, power and cooling requirements within the headend.
- The latest generation Intel Xeon Processor 5600 Series integrates Envivio’s patented multi-core compression engine for encoding efficiency.
- Upgradeable by firmware to provide support for future formats including 1080p 3D MVC output for the highest quality 3D viewing experience.