DISH Adds Subscription Streaming Option in Pay-TV Bundle
DISH Network and Blockbuster today unveiled Blockbuster Movie Pass. Beginning Oct. 1, Blockbuster Movie Pass is available for DISH customers, starting at $10 per month, and featuring a streaming movie service.
Blockbuster Movie Pass includes:
- More than 100,000 DVD movies, TV shows and games available by mail.
- More than 3,000 movies available to stream to the TV and PC.
- More than 3,000 video games by mail for XBOX, XBOX 360, Playstation2, Playstation3, and Nintendo Wii.
- Unlimited exchanges of DVDs and video games at participating Blockbuster stores.
- More than 20 premium movie channels from studios like MGM, Epix, Sony Movie Channel, PixL.
"With millions of Internet-enabled DISH Network set-top boxes deployed in U.S. homes and our ability to offer services from the iconic Blockbuster brand, we are uniquely positioned to take advantage of the myriad of ways consumers seek access to their favorite movies, TV shows or games," said Joe Clayton, CEO of DISH Network, in a statement.
From Oct. 1 through Jan. 31, 2012, DISH is offering new customers Blockbuster Movie Pass included with their DISH Network subscription for one year when they subscribe to DISH Network’s America’s Top 200 programming package or greater and commit to 24 months of DISH Network service.
Blockbuster Movie Pass is also included for three months for new DISH Network customers who subscribe to America’s Top 120 programming package. After the promotional period, Blockbuster Movie Pass starts at just $10 per month. Access to the subscription streaming movie service requires a DISH Network HD DVR.