Concurrent has announced the availability of MediaHawk VX, a next generation software solution to enable providers to deliver commercial video to any device over any network from a unified hardware-agnostic platform. ?The VX solution builds on the success of Concurrent’s video on demand (VOD) and time-shifted TV solutions.
Highlighted features of MediaHawk VX include:
- Integrated Streaming & Download Delivery
- HTTP Progressive Download
- Dynamic Bit-Rate HTTP Streaming
- RTSP Streaming featuring Gatling Resiliency
- Support for Web and Wireless Connected Devices
- Origin Server, Content Delivery, and Edge Caching Functionality
- 3-D Content Support
- Support for Multiple Hardware Platforms
- Up to 20 Gbps of Output Per Rack Unit
- Integrated 100 percent Solid State Cache
Concurrent’s MediaHawk and MiniHawk video server platforms are the first systems to leverage VX software to enable unified video delivery across diverse networks, including cable, IPTV, Internet, and wireless infrastructures. Both older generation and new generation hardware can run VX software. Concurrent’s latest generation servers have been shipping since July 2009 and support full VX functionality.