Cisco has released Videoscape, a comprehensive TV platform for service providers that brings together digital TV and online content with social media and communications applications to create an immersive home and mobile video entertainment experience. Videoscape is part of Cisco’s overall video strategy to provide the next generation of TV that is simpler for consumers, and transforms the market opportunity for service providers.
Cisco is currently working with several major global service provider customers, including Telstra, to enable next-generation video experiences through the Videoscape platform.
Cisco Videoscape is an open platform that utilizes the cloud, the network, and client devices to deliver new video experiences over the Internet. New elements of Videoscape include:
- The Videoscape media gateway for the integration of voice, linear and online video, high-speed data, Wi-Fi and network traffic routing.
- The Videoscape IP set-top box, engineered to support all video forms delivered to a TV, including pay TV, broadcast channels, premium channels, VOD and the Web.
- Videoscape software clients that extend the Videoscape experiences to a wide variety of home and mobile devices, from connected TVs to tablets, smartphones and more.
- The Videoscape Media Suite, which offers full life-cycle content management so that service providers can efficiently and cost-effectively manage and publish content across multiple screens.
- The Cisco Conductor for Videoscape, which orchestrates various services and subscriber-management functions across the cloud, the network and client devices.
These five new product families are part of Cisco’s medianet architecture, and work in conjunction with its existing portfolio of network products.