Charter Communications launched its whole-home solution powered by TiVo Premiere to its customers in Texas. The initial launch will be followed by deployment of TiVo Premiere across its footprint in the first half of 2012.
TiVo Premiere from Charter blends traditional television channels with Internet-delivered video and interactive applications from Charter On Demand as well as Pandora, YouTube and more, all packaged in TiVo’s user interface. In addition to the entertainment library, customers can enjoy the whole-home video solution allowing them to begin a recording in one room, pause and pick it up from a TiVo Premiere device in another room.
Other Charter TiVo Premiere features include:
- Integrated search: Quickly scan across the TV lineup, Charter On Demand and Web content to find programs to watch, regardless of where they originate.
- Remote scheduling: Search and schedule recordings from the Web or from a mobile device.
- TiVoToGo transfers: Transfer some programs from the TiVo Premiere to a laptop, media device, or smart phone for viewing outside the home.
- Control live TV: Pause, rewind, slow-motion, and instantly replay live TV.
- iPad and iPhone: Free app enables search, browse, explore and sharing of favorite entertainment without interrupting what’s playing on TV. An Android app is expected to be launched in early January 2012.
- Personalized ratings: By hitting the “thumbs-up” and “thumbs-down” ratings buttons on the TiVo remote, TiVo tracks personal likes and dislikes, providing relevant programming suggestions and automatic recordings.
- Content storage: Record up to 45 hours of high-definition (HD) programming or up to 400 hours of standard-definition programming – equivalent to more than 16 days of content.
- Full HD support: Offers full support for 1080p and 1080i HD formats.