If you didn’t get a chance to walk through CableNet, here is some of what you missed.
The next-gen technology showcase at the Cable Show organized by CableLabs, CableNET this year included demos from 24 exhibitors. In the following list, we have broken down the exhibitors into 10 different areas, with the most popular being Service Enhancement, Home Networking, Home Security, Network Equipment Innovations, Personalized Content and Tru2way.
• Service Enhancement: Pixel3, Synacor, UpdateLogic, F-Secure
• Content Security: Irdeto, Sandvine
• CPE Innovations: Digeo, EchoStar (Sling)
• Home Networking: HANA, Pure Networks, Ruckus Wireless, Westell
• Home Security: GE Security, iControl, InGrid, LaserShield Systems, NextAlarm.com, Z-Wave
• Network Equipment Innovations: Aurora, Commscope, Infinera, Motorola
• OSS Automation: Amdocs (JR), Intranext Systems, MetaSwitch
• Personalized Content: Business Edge Solutions, PerfTech, Teradata, thePlatform
• Quality of Experience: Digital Fountain, Oversi, Symmetricom
• Tru2way: Samsung, Sigma Designs, Softel USA, Unisoft, Zodiac Interactive
Here are some highlights of some of the demos seen while making the rounds:
• Digital Fountain’s zero start time video streaming over a broadband content delivery network (CDN), which produces high quality video right from first click
• HANA’s whole home 400 Mbps connectivity that ensures video service quality between any device within the home
• Infinera’s all-digital optical networking system that uses its quick turnaround 100 GigE cards to delivery 400, 800, or 1,600 Gbps of capacity per fiber
• EchoStar (Sling)’s cable modem that can easily stream a home’s video programming to any remote computer or wireless handheld without configuring a home gateway
• InControl’s Home Security, which is based on the Ademco (Honeywell) 5800 series wireless product line, allowing it to provide reliable and cost-effective security solutions that are easy to install
• Irdeto’s low-cost conditional access system (CAS) for cable operators moving from analog to digital or launching simulcrypt
• TeraData’s tools to plan, orchestrate, and automate an operator’s marketing process
• IntraNext Systems’ Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and billing system integration for support automation that enables service providers to save talk time on support calls
Tune in for our follow up article, which will highlight the remaining exhibitors.
– Bruce Bahlmann, Contributing Analyst Read more news and analysis on Communications Technology‘s Web site at http://www.cable360.net/ct/news/.