CableLabs Partners With Industry Stakeholders for Cable-Tec Demos
By| November 9, 2011
New approaches for managing second-screen advertising synchronization, solutions for SIP-based business connectivity and tools for troubleshooting tru2way networks are among a range of operational and support resources that will be demonstrated by CableLabs at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2011 in Atlanta Nov. 15-17.
In a display area co-sponsored with SCTE, CableLabs personnel will provide hands-on demonstrations of operational tools, support software and related resources tied to current industry technology initiatives including:
- ?tru2way networks. The Examine Your Edge System (EYES) tool developed by CableLabs, Comcast and ADB provides visibility for debugging and troubleshooting tru2way networks. The tool is designed to give engineers the ability to see the tru2way data that is flowing on the RF network.
- ?ETV applications. The ETV Activity Reporting System (EARS) developed by CableLabs and Comcast provides a common industry platform for gathering and reporting performance data tied to enhanced TV signaling and application delivery. A related demonstration showcases CableLabs’ interoperability resources for ETV application testing and optimization.
- ?Proactive network maintenance. With Comcast, Cox Communications and Charter Communications, CableLabs will demonstrate – over live networks –advanced network troubleshooting tools that use pre-equalization data to assist in the identification and localization of network impairments.
- ?Second-screen synchronization. A synchronized advertising demonstration showcases new possibilities in targeting relevant advertising to viewers over tablets, smartphones and other portable devices that display interactive content synchronized with video content playing on viewers’ televisions.
- ?HTML5. CableLabs will demonstrate ways to incorporate HTML5 support for timed text tracks in allowing new advertising insertion and ETV applications within a browser environment. Additionally, CableLabs will demonstrate work under way in local-network content discovery using HTML5.
- ?SIP Trunking. CableLabs will showcase a new SIP Forum-compliant Reference Implementation that can be used by service providers and vendors to validate SIP-PBX and network equipment compliance with SIPconnect1.1.