Cable Show Speakers
The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) has announced a lineup of speakers for The Cable Show, the NCTA’s annual convention and exposition slated to take place May 18-20 in New Orleans.
The opening kickoff will include welcomes by convention co-chairs Debra Lee, chairman and CEO of BET Holdings, and Rocco Commisso, chairman and CEO, Mediacom Communications Corp., and a state-of-the-industry address by NCTA President and CEO Kyle McSlarrow.
The lineup includes Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian Roberts, Time Warner Cable President and CEO Glenn Britt, and Cox Communications President Pat Esser. As for non-usual suspects, the roster at this point is weighted toward programming, technology and advertising and includes the following:
• Peter Chernin, Director, President and CEO, News Corporation
• Paul Otellini, President & CEO, Intel Corporation
• Yoshi Yamada, CEO, Panasonic North America
• Scott McNealy, Chairman, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
• Deborah Wahl Meyer, Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer of The New Chrysler
• David Verklin, CEO, Aegis Media Americas
• Tony Vinciquerra, President & CEO, Fox Networks Group
– Jonathan Tombes