Buckeye Cablevision: Former National Cable Television Cooperative President/CEO Jeffrey Abbas will become the new president/GM at the Ohio cableco, effective May 13. Brad Mefferd, who had been in that position, is staying on in a different capacity. Joe Jensen, CTO at Buckeye and executive vice president/Cable and Telecom at parent company Block Communications, told CTDaily, “Recognizing the changes that are becoming apparent in the cable business, we are re-tooling to position Buckeye as the aggregator of choice for entertainment in our sphere now and into the future.”
Comcast Corporation: Many new vice presidents at the cable giant. First, in the Communications & Data Services division:
- Susan Jin Davis to senior vice president/Strategic Services, overseeing strategic partnerships related to Comcast’s Voice and High-Speed Internet services.
- Dennis Mathew to vice president/New Businesses, guiding Xfinity Home Product Management.
- Sharmila Ravi to vice president/Product Operations, heading high-speed data product operations, speeds, customer premises equipment initiatives, voice and cross-platform products.
- Robert Slinkard to senior vice president/Product Management, responsible for Comcast’s Xfinity Internet broadband service, overseeing the product strategy, lifecycle management and business operations.
In the Business Services division:
- Daniel Carr to vice president/Sales Operations, focused on developing and directing the planning and execution of initiatives to support the success of Comcast Business Services.
- Robert J. Lincavage to vice president/Technical Support, shepherding customer care and service assurance for Comcast Business enterprise customers, providing strategic oversight for SMB support, and managing vendor relationships for the Operations organization.
- Karen E. Schmidt to vice president/Enterprise Marketing for Comcast Business Services.