BTI Systems has introduced the 7200 Metro Services Platform, a new metro networking solution designed to meet the needs of service providers’ traffic growth requirements for wireless backhaul, video and Ethernet business services. The 7200 Metro Services Platform simplifies packet-based services delivery in the metro by consolidating Carrier Ethernet, multi-service optical, and Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) functions in a scalable, compact 7RU platform. With its release, the 7200 Metro Services Platform sets the benchmark for 10G density for optical private line and packet aggregation to deliver high-density services critical for service providers in Metro markets.
The 7200 Metro Services Platform is specifically designed for network operators that require a larger solution for ring interconnect, high-capacity metro service delivery, data center interconnections and high-density cloud networking. The platform also acts as a middle mile solution for service providers to deliver broadband and video networking functions. Its features allow service providers to:
- Simplify network operations by consolidating packet optical service delivery, WDM multiplexing and photonic-layer building blocks in a single 7RU form factor with 20 modular slots;
- Support up to 400 Gbps of 10G private line capacity;
- Access over 100 GbE and 18 10GbE Carrier Ethernet switched ports, or a combination of optical and packet functionality; and
- Expandable up to 800G with expansion shelf architecture that enables deployment of multiple shelves, managed as a single network entity;
- Support existing BTI Systems solutions, including the full line of 10G multiprotocol transponders, muxponders, reach extension and network multiplexing modules.