AT&T has announced the availability of U-verse Voice in parts of Atlanta and the surrounding counties, bringing eligible consumers a digital voice service delivered over the AT&T U-verse Internet Protocol (IP) network.
U-verse Voice is a managed IP-based service that is delivered over AT&T’s network. Customers receive:
- A single, combined voice mailbox for AT&T U-verse Voice and AT&T wireless messages;
- U-verse Central, an online portal to manage call preferences and settings from any PC;
- An online voice mailbox;
- The ability to view call logs from a PC or view recent incoming calls on a TV screen;
- The ability to initiate a call from a PC or TV using Click to Call;
- All U-verse Voice customers have 911 service.
AT&T U-verse was first deployed in Atlanta in May 2008.