How Cable Can Monetize Web Video, Social Networking & Other Online Activitites
A CableFAX Daily Webinar
Thursday March 12, 2009
1:30-3:00 p.m. (ET)
With the economic challenges facing the cable industry, the pressure on online activities to produce meaningful revenue has never been more challenging. While building community through social networking pages and providing Web video remain important to create buzz, there’s pressure on digital units to avoid being loss leaders.
Some cable programmers and operators are using Web video and Web merchandising to create revenue streams. Others are reaping significant savings using the Web for customer service. They are finding ways of cashing in on community, not only in direct ad sales but in offline events, market research, and lead generation.
At this 90-minute information-packed workshop, you’ll hear practical ideas and tactics for making your Web presence return more revenue. Our speakers will cover how the Web can improve customer service and your revenue picture; best practices for turning online community into a revenue-positive activity; and how the demand for Web video has become a revenue-producing business.
Join CableFAX on March 12 for a must-attend Digital Webinar that will walk you through the tools and strategies you need to know to boost your brand and your bottom line:
- Web Video
- YouTube, Facebook, Myspace
- User Generated Content
- Customer Service
Our Webinar speakers know what’s working and what’s not and will share case studies with you and arm you with the tools you need to:
- Determine the role for your company in social networking and how to make it pay
- How to make online Customer Service a positive experience for your subscribers and your bottom line
- Monetizing your content as it gets shared and hyper-distributed in the social media eco-system
- Tracking how your content is shared to find new revenue and partnership opportunities
- Uncover new business opportunities
- Duplicate on a small budget what social networking successes like Showtime & MTV are doing right
Attend this Webinar from your desktop or conference room. Invite your whole team to attend at one low price! Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for 1-year.
Hear from the experts:
Who should attend?
Cable and marketing executives in the following areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Marketing Executives
- Digital Media
- Public Relations
- Content Executives
- Financial/Investor Relations Executives
- Executive Management
Return to top
How does the Webinar work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. The Power-Point presentations are presented over the Internet and are available to print out before the program. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player or Windows Media Player installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
Use speakers on your computer or speakerphone on your telephone and invite your entire staff to attend for one low price of $329.00 USD per site.
Return to top
What equipment do I need?
For the audio connection:
- A computer with Real Player or Windows Media Player installed. When you log into the Virtual Seminar, your computer will be taken through a brief configuration check and will let you know if you're missing any software.
- If you do not have Real or Windows, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
For the Internet connection:
- PC: 166Mhz Pentium-based PC or better
- Operating system: Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. However, any version of IE 4.0 or higher will work. For Netscape, only versions 4.x are supported at this time.
- Internet connection: 28.8 or faster connection
- Display set at 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600
- Mac users are encouraged to use Firefox 2.0 (or later) with Real Player to view the webcast. You can also test your system using the system test button in menu on the left hand side.
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 6.4 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using RealPlayer, Version 7.0 or later is required.
Download a supported RealPlayer
Return to top
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 1-866-709-8255 or click here. For content questions regarding this Webinar, contact Carol Bray at (301) 354-1763 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to top